Tuesday, September 13, 2011

sand and surf

Before we went to the shore, I was a little nervous.  On our last trip to the beach - 6 weeks earlier - Asher hated everything about it.  He didn't like the sand or the water and spent the whole time clinging to me with his face buried in my neck. 


That's a long way to spend a week.

Fear not - 6 weeks was just long enough for A to mature into a beach lovin' boy!  He was a little unsure at first, but once Daddy showed him how to shovel sand into his bucket, then pour water over the whole mess Ash was SOLD. 


Before we knew it he was sitting on his own, shoveling then dumping - shoveling then dumping...



Drew was sent on just a few {hundred} trips to the ocean to refill A's water pail.


Asher even put his feet in the Atlantic a few times.  This was most definitely his least favorite part.  The ocean was still a little big and scary for this little guy.  Mama was very fine with that!



Eventually he even got brave enough to walk in the sand unassisted.  Loved walking side-by-side with my big boy.  :-)



Someone cue the Baywatch theme song - this boy is ready to rescue!  {He's even wearing red board shorts - nice}


After a while A would get tired of the beach so we would head back to the pool.  I'm pretty sure this is how Moses rode down the Nile.


I'm so happy that Asher enjoyed the beach this time around!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome beach photos. I really like the first one. Very inviting... I can imagine myself there! (I wish!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the bests photos with your posts!!! You capture and tell stories beautifully!!! So glad to hear that Asher enjoyed the beach this time around!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pix, Em! Especially the tiny footprints - how cute! You should definitely consider writing a children's book - you're such a great writer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT pictures!! I love those footprints in the sand! I'm so glad he had a good time and was more confident this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad he loved it too... I really can't imagine how difficult and probably un-fun it must be to take a baby that doesn't like sand and water to the beach. My best friend from college has taken her son two years in a row, and he refuses to touch the sand or get in the salt water. Vacations are so much fun when your kiddo is obviously having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails