Saturday, October 15, 2016

noel august {eight months}

Noel August, you are EIGHT months old!


This scary cute guy is 8 months old already!  You've been learning all sorts of new skills this month, Noel.  Now you can sit up all by yourself!  This gives you a whole new perspective on life and you seem to love it.  Toys are a lot more fun when you aren't just laying on your back.


You've started having some separation anxiety and really love your mama.  If I get too far away (like across the room) you cry and reach for me.  I know it's just a phase, so I'm ok with coming to get you and cash in on some snuggles.  


Gus, you're still waking up 1-2 times at night and, friend, I love you, but that needs to stop.  I've thought about letting you cry some to see if you'll settle back into sleep, but when I go in you give me a huge grin, start signing milk and just seem so darn grateful to see me that I can't help but indulge you.  I'm sensing a "baby of the family" theme starting here - ha!  We will have lots of time to sleep in the future, so for now I'll come and try to enjoy our alone time at night.

Who could say no to those eyes.  Seriously.  


During the day you've become a much better napper.  I'm grateful!  It's hard to keep you on a strict schedule since we are constantly taking people to and from school, but I do my best.  You like to have your morning rest about an hour after you wake up (usually around 9), then nap every 1.5-2 hours after that.  Typically you have 3 naps - 9am, 12:30pm, and 3:30pm.  You go to bed around 7pm.


You love food and eat everything I offer you!  I don't want you to eat too much food at this point since milk is still the best source of nutrition, so usually I'll give you solids 2-3x a day.  So far you've had sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, apples, pears, mango, oatmeal, and peaches.  You also still love to nurse and do so about 5x a day and 1x at night.  I offered you a straw cup to try out some water, but you weren't really a fan.  We'll keep trying but there's no rush so I put it away for now.


You have 2 teeth on the bottom that are fully in and THREE more coming in on top!  So far you've been a very laid back teether and I'm grateful for that.  You had some major crankiness this week and at first I thought it was your teeth, but a trip to the doctor determined that you had your 1st ear infection.  Poor guy!


99% of the time you are such a happy guy.  Noel, you have a gift for making people feel special and loved.  In the grocery store you will peak out from the Lillebaby carrier and smile at strangers in line behind us.  They always, always say hello and talk to you - which makes you smile more.  It's a great cycle.  :-)


Asher and Hadley are your favorite people.  Any time they talk to you or hold your hand you get so excited and give them your full attention.  Asher really likes to talk "baby language" to you in the car - then tells me how he has no idea what you're saying.  They love you so.  Hadley came for me one afternoon when you were fussing and said "mommy!  Our baby is crying!"  You are our family's baby and we love you!


At 8 months, Noel...

* weighs 17.2 pounds
* wears size 6-9 months clothes
* wears size 3 diapers
* loves bath time and has discovered how to splash!
* is mama's boy and raises his arms for me to pick him up
* loves to eat table food, baby food, and breastmilk
* has 5 teeth
* sleeps 12 hours at night with 1 wake up
* takes 3 naps/day
* army crawls and rolls everywhere
* can sit independently 
* thinks Daddy is the funniest person anywhere
* makes silly faces to make us all laugh!

Scrunch face is a classic Noel face


Noel August, you have a personality that can't be beat.  You laugh, smile, and have your own way of joking with us, even at 8 months old.  When you joined our family last February I was worried about how our dynamic would change.  Would we all have enough energy and space in our lives to add a member to our tribe?  Of course we did.  You fit in so well - what did we do without you??  
Oh Gus, we love you so!  Happy 8 months little bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails