Monday, October 17, 2016

apple picking

This past Sunday we had Noel's dedication at church, so my parents came to spend the weekend with us.  They arrived on Friday afternoon and were able to surprise both Asher and Hadley!  I never tell the kids when they are coming just in case something happens to delay them.  I'd never hear the end of it!  We walked over to get Asher from school and he was OVER THE MOON excited to see his grandparents.  These kids love them so!

On Saturday we had a beautiful day and decided to go apple picking.  Asher and Hadley have been asking to go and we kept putting them off with flimsy excuses since we really just wanted to wait until Mom and Dad were here to come along for the fun.  :-)



I didn't get nearly as many photos as last year since I had Noel strapped to my chest the whole time, but that's just how it is right now.  Next year he'll be running all through the orchard trying to eat rotten apples off the ground, I'm sure.  For now I'm grateful that he loves the carrier and rode around for a few hours with no complaints.  


Hey look!  Our maybe 2nd ever family of 5 picture.  Score.


My guy Gus.  He's a trooper and loved being out in the fresh air.  And staying close to Mommy - can't forget that important part.  ;-)


I warned Snow White here to be careful what apples she eats, but she blew me off as an overprotective mom.  


We finished with donuts and were all too sticky and happy for more pictures.  It was such a fun morning - we can't wait for next year.  Now, to make apple crisp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails