Monday, April 29, 2013

hadley fern {six months}

Hadley Fern, you are 6 months old!


Half a year - I can't believe it.  It really feels like just yesterday I was pacing around wondering when we'd finally get to meet you.


These past 6 months have seen you change a lot!  No longer are you a passive little baby just laying around.  These days you are constantly scanning the room for excitement - you watch everyone and take in everything we do.


While on vacation last week I can't count the number of people who approached me to say how adorable you are and what a big smile you have.  It's true - you do!  God blessed you with such a compelling presence.  People are drawn to you, Hadley - I hope you always keep that.


You are still exclusively breastfed and nurse every 3 hours during the day.  After 6 months of fighting it, you took a bottle 2 weeks ago like you've been doing it your whole life.  We've tried a few more bottles since then and they all were accepted without a fight.  Go H!  On your 6 month birthday we tried a bite of bananas for your first food and you are NOT a fan.  Oh my goodness, the disgusted look on your face made me laugh and laugh!  We'll try again though because I have a feeling once you get over the new taste and texture you'll be a big fan of foods.


Hadley, you're my awesome sleeping girl.  You go 12 hours at night most nights {still get up to eat around 4am 1-2x/week} sleeping from 6:30pm-7am.  We are still getting naps straightened out, but I've become more strict about putting you down by the clock and you seem to appreciate it because your naps have been much, much better this past week!  You nap 3x a day - 9am, 1pm, and 4pm.  By the end of the day you are super tired and cranky, so bath comes at 6pm and by 6:30 you're out like a light.


Last week you showed everyone at the beach how well you roll over.  You probably did it 4 times in a row...and then not again.  I'm not sure what's up with that.  You seem to like rolling, but only do it sporadically.  I have a feeling once you get moving it won't stop for years, so I'm not in a huge hurry.  ha!


You desperately want to sit up, but every time I help you sit you arch your back and cry until I lay you down.  Again - we're getting there and I think once you get comfortable with the idea there won't be any going back.


Your eyes are still a mystery color all their own.  Sometimes they look pure blue, but then other times they look bluish-brown.  I don't think they will turn all brown, but who knows.  You like to keep us guessing!


Asher is your favorite person.  Anytime he's in the room your eyes lock on him until he leaves.  He can make you laugh like no one else can.  I'm so excited to see how you both grow as brother and sister.


That said, you love me and Daddy too.  :-)  Whenever either of us comes into your sights you get this HUGE smile on your face.  I always have to smile back - I can't help it.  You clearly adore us and we feel the same way right back to you little one.

At 6 months, Hadley...

  • weighs 13 pounds, 1.2 oz {3rd %tile}
  • is 25.5" long {26th %tile}
  • has a head circumference of 15.75" {3rd %tile}
  • wears size 3-6 month sleepers, but those are getting short, so I'll think we'll move up a size soon!
  • wears size 6 months onesies/pants/dresses
  • has no teeth, but drools like crazy and chews on everything
  • wears size 2 diapers
  • is doing great with me being off dairy - I think that was definitely her digestive problem
  • loves breastmilk and eats every 3 hours during the day and 1x at night
  • sleeps from 6:30p-7a {except 1-2x a week when she wakes to eat at 4am}
  • takes 3 naps a day: 9-11am, 1-2:30pm, 4-4:30pm
  • gets a bath every night and soaks everything in sight with her splashing!
  • had her 1st flights last week and rocked it by sleeping through both of them

Hadley Fern, you are such a bright light in our lives.  I hope you never lose that infectious smile of yours.  Your Daddy and I both pray that God uses your adorable personality to draw people to Himself.  As you get older I see the verse we chose for you already coming true.  Haddie, you do laugh without fear of the future {Proverbs 31:25} - and you bring others into laughter with you.  What a gift.  We love you darling.  Happy first half of a year!


3 comments:

  1. So adorable little miss H! I see a lot of Asher in the first 2 pictures this month. That pic of her straining to look at her favorite bro is just too sweet! Happy 6 months sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 months H. It's crazy how much her & Kendall are alike. She is such a doll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...time is flying! 1/2 year flew by! She is adorable!! Love her outfit!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails