Tuesday, February 12, 2013

our favorite things

I've seen a few of these favorite things posts floating around lately and decided to share some of ours!

When Asher was a baby we had a terrible experience with the Vitamin D supplements that all breastfed babies need.  The dropper full of liquid always made him sick.  There was NO point in giving him a supplement that he'd just vomit back up, so he didn't have any for a few months.  I knew this wasn't great for him, so when Hadley was born I was determined to figure out a way to make it work.  Guess what - the Vitamin D made her sick too.  Nice.  I talked to our pediatrician about it and he suggested a product I'd never heard of before called Baby D-Drops.


These are wonderful!!  It's the entire 400IU dose in 1 drop!  All you have to do is put a drop on your breast or pacifier and the baby sucks it right off.  Hadley doesn't even notice she's taking anything and has never lost her lunch afterwards.  The only downside is that you can't buy them in regular stores.  I got my 3 month supply from Amazon and the cost was very comparable to D-Vi-Sol.  Highly recommend!

Another recent favorite of ours is this book...


Asher loves, loves, loves it!  Tiffany actually recommended it to me first so I bought it for Asher at Christmas.  Ever since we first cracked the cover he's requested it at nearly every bedtime and nap.  If you have a little boy who likes construction vehicles he'll love it too.

One other thing I'm loving are these MAM pacifiers.  Asher never took a paci, so when Hadley came out loving them I had to do some searching.  We started out with the gum drop ones, but they fell out way too easily at night.  This kind has a little more staying power so we all get more rest.  :-)


With it being winter I needed something to keep the wind/rain/germ-infested-admirer-hands off Hadley.  This car seat canopy is perfect!  There are literally thousands on Etsy, but I picked this one because it was super pretty, ready to ship, and made of 100% cotton.  I was looking for cotton so it would be breathable for the coming warm weather.  The canopy does a great job keeping the sun out of H's eyes so we'll be using this until she outgrows the seat for sure.



What are some of your favorite things?!

3 comments:

  1. We love that book, also! And we had the same experience with Gum Drop pacis coming out REALLY easily! Good to know ;) I can't imagine any child of mine not being addicted to the baba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mam was the only pacifier H would tolerate. You already know one of my fans...Nosefrida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mam was the only pacifier that H would tolerate. You already know one of my fans...Nosefrida!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails