Friday, February 17, 2012

{phone dump friday}

Our first week back from grandparent vacation has been such a busy one! Asher had his Valentine's party with our Mothering Matters group {Bible study for me/play group for A}. These moms and kiddos are all so great - we love being in this group with them!
We had one nice weather day and went, where else, the park! The sand area wasn't busy for the first time in forever, so Asher took some time to really check it out closely. Can't wait to take him back to the beach in a few weeks. :-)
I bought milk at Trader Joe's the other day and didn't notice until I went to open it that it doesn't have a plastic spout like most paper cartons do these days. It's a way old-school push the corner open kind. Love it - ha!
While we were at TJ's the cashier in our line gave Asher this huge strip of stickers. I think that made him a trusted source of knowledge in A's eyes because when Alex suggested to Asher that he put the stickers on his hat Ash couldn't wait to try it. Ha ha...
Asher and I have been spending his breakfast time reading over his Sunday school lessons and working on the memory verse inside them.
This got me thinking that I'd really like to have memory verses available to Asher all the time. He doesn't yet have the vocabulary to recite verses but soon he will and I want reading and studying scripture to be an automatic part of his life by then. When I saw this idea on Pinterest I knew it was just what we needed! Asher loves, loves saying his ABCs so this concept is right up his alley.

The website has the printables available - all I did was save them on a flash drive and take it to Office Max to have them color printed, then laminated. Once I got home I cut the individual cards apart, punched a hole in the corner, and hooked them together with a book ring. Easy and cheap!
Ending on a loving note - Valentines Day! I'm one spoiled girl with 2 boys who were vying for the honor of being my Valentine.
I have to admit - Asher took the lead with his gift
and the note in his card.
Although, tomorrow is Drew's birthday, so I should probably pick him. :-)
Happy Friday friends!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! Such a cute card and message!! (and I love octopi!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that milk carton! Although I want to say I got one awhile back and had a really hard time opening it. Haha! I love the pic of A reading his bible verse while eating and love the valentine!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails