Thursday, February 23, 2012

baking with mommy

Asher and I expanded on our repertoire in the kitchen by making chocolate chip mini cheesecakes. YUM! It was my week to bring snack to my small group, so I went {where else?} to Pinterest for inspiration.



My little sous chef was a huge help. He placed all of the cupcake liners in the pan for me. Then he showed me the eggs all the while saying "egg. mama - egg!". It was pretty exciting stuff.

{and yes. that's two eggs in one hand - go Asher!}



Be still my Mommy heart - the boy has an egg in each hand! I think it's a good sign of where I am in mommy-ing that I took his picture with the eggs, rather than rushing at him to save the ingredients. ha!


One egg got a fairly sizeable crack when Asher smashed placed the egg back in the bowl, but that's ok. How else will he learn what 'fragile' means? :-) After we got the ingredients all straight I put Asher on his next {and, as it turns out, final} job - crushing the graham crackers for the crust.

Is there a better job for a two year old boy?? Seriously!



He couldn't believe his good luck. I gave him his hammer and let him have at it.


After pounding the graham crackers into crumbs Asher needed a quick cracker snack {hey - you need to test the food as you're cooking} and was done with baking.


I finished the cheesecakes by myself, but that's ok. I have a feeling there's a lot of baking in our future.

 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are such a great momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the cheesecake pics? LOL You are very brave for giving your son a hammer!! I don't even trust myself with a hammer! Looks like a lot of fun! Now I am craving cheesecake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say you have an adorable sous chef! Crushing Graham crackers.... Such a great toddler activity. P would love it! Now, you need to share the recipe please. Also, I will definitely do a sooc and walk through of my edits. I'm still learning PS, so I play around a lot which makes it hard to give a lot of specific instruction. Oh, and I bought a new paint the moon action set ( I think it's called moxie??). LOVE! did you purchase anything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun :) cracker crushing is a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you capture everyday moments and turn them into beautiful memories. Such a treasure!

    I agree about wanting cheesecake pics and the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic (and uber cute!!) helper!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails