Wednesday, September 7, 2016

the last hurrah

School's around here start kind of late - after Labor Day - so we were excited to have a final week of FUN before school began!  The last hurrah!

On Monday we started strong with a trip to the park/splash pad to meet up with Asher's friend Kate and Hadley's friend Carolyn.  They all went to school together last year and hadn't seen each other all summer so all 4 of them were thrilled!  It was the hottest day of the week, so splashing was a great plan.  Noel rode in the Lillebaby carrier all morning and was happy to be there - although we did get pretty sweaty.  ha!


On Tuesday we decided to have a jammie day.  Lots of movies, playing inside, and playing in the backyard on the swingset.  


By the time afternoon rolled around we needed a little distraction, so a trip to Target with an Icee treat was just the ticket.  Hadley has been transitioning out of naps in preparation for PM preschool this year so I tried to keep her up and busy all day this week.


I had refused to take the kids to the pool by myself so far this summer.  It just seemed like too much with a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a new baby.  On Wednesday I knew this was our last chance so I decided to go for it!  I packed us a lunch, pool toys, changes of clothes, and some food/toys for Noel. We got there around 11:30 and stayed until 4!


This guy did SO well and was happy to play on the chaise lounge with me and his toys.  I thought about taking him swimming, but he never really demanded it and keeping him dry was easier for me. This ended up being a mostly cloudy day so it was great.


Miracle of miracles, Noel even took an arm nap for about an hour!  I couldn't believe it but was so grateful.  


Three sleeping kiddos when we pulled into our garage = a successful day!


Thursday was Sky Zone!  Asher and Hadley love to jump and I love it when they work off some energy, so this was a win-win.  We met more friends here and the kiddos were thrilled!  Everything is more fun when your friends are there.  :-)



Our plan was to finish off the WEEK OF FUN with a zoo trip on Friday, but that didn't quite work out.  It got put off for a few days and we were able to catch it on Tuesday.  The weather was beautiful - breezy but not too hot and the animals were so active.  Asher and Hadley were excited to be there!  We saw everything!  Gus rode in the stroller the whole morning and did amazing.  I expected him to ride a bit then get angry and want to be carried but he didn't.  I was surprised but really happy with the whole outing.  MVP of the last hurrah goes to Noel for sure.  It wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't been a patient, amazing baby all week!  


While we're looking forward to school I will miss these 2 during the week!  I'm so glad we were able to make lots of fun memories together during this last week of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails