Saturday, September 10, 2016

september happenings - week one

School has been in session for exactly 2 days and we aren't quite in the swing of things yet.  Sometimes Mom tells you that we're having tacos for dinner and it's pretty much the worst news you can imagine.  Did I mention we're also transitioning out of naps?  Eek.  Sorry Hads.


Then there's this guy.  He kept reminding me of someone and I just recently realized who it is.  Turns out Professor Honeydew is his spirit animal.  ha!


Last year with Asher in Kindergarten and Hadley in Preschool I had 2 different calendars to keep straight and found myself constantly double checking which kid had special dress up day or the trip to the Fire Station on which date.  Well, NO MORE.  I invested in this awesome calendar whiteboard and so far it's great.  I'm using a different color for each person and I'm putting every event, birthday, party, church function, doctor appointment, gymnastics class - EVERYTHING - on here so it's all in one place.  Here's hoping it saves the day and keeps me sane.


We decided to light up the fire pit for some s'mores action this weekend as a back-to-school celebration.  The last time we had one the wood we got wasn't so great and didn't really burn well.  Drew fixed that problem - obviously.  Watch your eyebrows kids!  


These brothers, though.  Love them!


Noel is such a fun baby.  "Getting me" is one of his new favorites.  :-)


We were in the store the other day when Hadley saw these slippers and fell in love.  She has outgrown her pair from last winter so I decided that our family could use some unicorn slippers.  They make every morning a little more magical.


This lady started gymnastics this week!  Ever since Asher's gymnastics party last December she has been wanting to go for classes, so when they started up the fall session it was time.  So far she loves it!


Every week we FaceTime with my parents.  When I saw this I couldn't stop laughing because it's completely TRUE.  ha!!


Ah Noel.  You're a keeper.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails