Friday, June 7, 2013

{phone dump friday}

It's Friday!  This has been a long week for us.  A good week, but a long week.  Drew left early Sunday morning for a week of out of the country work and he comes home today.  Hurray!  We kept busy while he was gone to keep the little ones occupied and this mama sane.

I decided to join our nearby YMCA - it has a great workout facility and an amazing pool.  As a bonus they have childcare, so Miss Hadley can play with the other babies for an hour while Asher and I have some one-on-one swimming time.  Fun!


Since I designed Hadley's nursery last year I've been searching for a navy and pink crib sheet.  Hard to find, my friends, hard to find.  I found one at Pottery Barn Kids a couple months ago, but found it impossible to justify the cost + shipping for something I didn't really need {just really, really wanted.  ha!}.  Anyway, they had a free shipping special for Memorial Day and you better believe I jumped on that thing like a tick on a dog.  I love it!!


I took advantage of another Memorial Day online sale as well - a new swimsuit.  Ordering a swimsuit online is probably one of the riskiest things I've ever done.  I knew it would either pay off big time or become my life's worst mistake.  Well, it arrived this week and is...awesome!  Like, I love it enough to show you all.  Believe me, putting my swimsuit self on the world wide web isn't something I take lightly so that should say something about my level of excitement here.  :-)


Since my credit card was already running hot I decided to make one more big online purchase.  I've been looking at and thinking about a double stroller for some time now.  It seems like Asher will be out of a stroller soon, but to be honest he still loves to ride and it's at least 3x a week that I wish I had a double.  The stroller I decided on is the Britax B-Ready, but I still wasn't going to make the plunge until Amazon {darn you, Amazon} sent me an email announcing the Britax Free Ride event where if you buy the stroller you get the 2nd seat {or infant seat or bassinet} free.  Well, I couldn't pass that up!  We are loving it!!


My sweet college friend, Erin is an amazing artist.  She can do things with materials that I just stare at.  And apparently vice versa because she doesn't do any fabric based projects.  We decided to make the most of both our talents and do a craft exchange!  I sent her son a birthday shirt and she made this amazing "H" mosiac for Hadley's nursery door.  So pretty!  I'm trying to convince her to make one for Asher's door next.  ha!


Speaking of Miss Hadley, she busted through another tooth this week and has been chewing on everything in sight.  Sorry, ducky.


My BIG project for this week was a surprise for Drew.  He loves the photos I take of the kids, but it's so hard to only have them in digital form, so I planned a stairwell photo gallery.  I decided to do a mix of photos and text prints.  I bought this one from Etsy and love, love it.


I made paper templates of all the frames so I could decide where everything should go.  Best idea ever - made this whole process pretty easy.


The pictures are up now but it's storming and too dark for photos today - update with the finished product next week!

Have you seen these salad Mason jars on Pinterest?  I made some this week because I love salad, but when I have to get all the stuff out every time I just don't do it.  They are AMAZING!  Super fresh even days later and easy to eat.  I'm getting my veggies people and it feels great.  :-)


Happy Friday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the idea of laying out the photos with papers ahead of time - brilliant! Isn't Pinterest the best?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails