Saturday, August 27, 2016

august happenings: week three

After the kids and I spent a few days with my parents we had to get back home.  That's a 10 hour trip, folks.  Me and these three monkeys in the car for 10 hours together.  Oy vey.  They did great though! The big kids are happy to watch movies and Noel did really well with our couple stops to eat and stretch.  It's not something I'll ever look forward to, but I am so very grateful that they were all good riders for mom!


In April we planted carrot seeds.  Carrots, if you didn't know, are a long con.  4 months later we have a carrot!  Or 2!  Pretty soon we'll have enough for everyone in our family to have a bite.  Gardening is so rewarding.


I saw this posted on FB and laughed out loud.  #nerdalert


Noel has this new funny face that he does.  I.  LOVE.  IT.  Noel mean muggin' is my new favorite thing!



 We are lucky and have good friends with a pool!  They invited us over to swim on Friday, so we gathered up alllll the things and took a chance on going.  Liza caught this photo of Noel and I and I'm so grateful!


After a fun afternoon of swimming this girl could NOT hang until dinner was ready.  Bless her heart.


I've been doing just a few things in the craft room here and there.  I gussied up a couple outfits for my mother in law to give as gifts.  It's good to keep the machine humming once in awhile.



We made a Costco run while Asher was at his last week of summer camp and I kept feeling like someone was watching me.  I looked down to this face - ha!  Um, hello there.


Noel went for his 6 month doctor's check up on Thursday and came away with a clean bill of health!  He's reaching all of his milestones and doing great!  Unfortunately he also came away with 3 shots, so this was dinner.  No shame.


Next week is our last one before school starts and we plan to maximize the fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails