Saturday, August 6, 2016

august happenings: week one

I can't believe it's our last month of summer!  The kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day, so we plan to enjoy the whole month off!  Noel kicked August off by dressing up.  Babies in button downs crack me up.


Asher kicked August off by getting a huge splinter in his foot.  He's extremely squeamish and freaks out when I need to use the tweezers.  Luckily Dr. Mom was able to distract him with TV and the promise of a treat afterwards to get this thing out.



I've been searching for some shams for Hadley's bed forever and finally found some that I like!  How about that precious blanket at the end of her bed?  Drew's great grandmother made it for him before he was born (and they knew that he was a boy).  Grandma Linda had saved it and thought it might go well in Hadley's room and she was 100% right.  The colors are perfect!!


Asher laid down next to Noel to take a picture and it went really well.


"Mommy, the baby keeps grabbing me!"


These guys.  Love them!



 I started weeding around our patio and quickly realized that it was more weeds than grass.  Should have just hoed the whole area up and saved some time.  Feels good when it's done though!


 Noel had a very big day this week!  He rolled from back to belly!!



Now he's everywhere and if I leave the room you never know where he'll be when I come back.  ha!


I haven't done much in the craft room since our beach trip, but when my good friend asked if I could monogram her daughter's backpack for Kindergarten I couldn't say no.  How sweet is this little bag!


Noel was ready for the Summer Olympics to start on Friday!  USA!  USA!


Thanks to summer camp Hadley had a round of pink eye this week (yay!).  I told her it was time for her eye drops and found her like this.  ha!  She's a pro.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails