Wednesday, February 17, 2016

noel's second day

After Noel was born they moved us to a postpartum room on another wing of the maternity ward around 11pm.  We were all exhausted after a long day of labor (and being born) so I got a quick bit to eat and went to sleep.  Noel didn't like his bassinet one bit so he and I ended up snuggling together for most of the night.  He was nursing a lot so that was worked out great. I think between his natural ability for it and my experience we were a pretty seamless breastfeeding team from the word go.




All of that nursing meant that I didn't get much rest so Drew held him a good bit the next day.  I woke up from a nap to find them snoozing together.  :-)


Tiny peanut!!


We'd had some snow the day before and this day (2/16) it was raining like craaazy, so we decided to skip having the older siblings come visit.  I really wanted to see them, but we were in a teeny tiny room and between that lack of space and the storming weather we weren't sure how it would work out.  This really bummed me out, since it meant we wouldn't have the experience of seeing the big kids meet their little brother in the hospital.  Despite that, I appreciated the quiet time for just Drew and I to get to know Noel.


Funny story, I can't tell you how many people asked me what his name was while he was wrapped up in this swaddle.  I mean, it's only written 293968 times on the blanket.  ha!  I'm guessing they looked right past it - and I don't blame them, but it still cracked me up.  I felt like the Disney employees who have to come up with a polite and helpful response to the question "What time does the 3:00 parade start?"

His name is Noel August.  N-O-E-L.  Yep, not No-elle.  Just one syllable.  Rhymes with Joel.  :-)

Bless their hearts.



Like his big sister, Noel found his fingers and thumb right away!


Ahhh - cute boy!



Being born is exhausting work.


Day one was down with no problems at all!  Noel passed his hearing test, ate like a champ and pooped lots.  Everyone was really happy with his progress on being a real boy!

1 comment:

  1. Haha... I hope I wasn't one of the people that asked about his name when he was wrapped in that blanket. But I know I did ask about how to pronounce his name. Eli has a boy in his school named Noel that is pronounced as No-elle. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails