Sunday, February 21, 2016

getting into the groove of things

The next few weeks after Noel came home are a bit of a blur.  Newborn haze is a real thing, friends.  All of those day and night feedings (every 2 hours around the clock - Noel seriously was born with an internal atomic clock) are no joke.  The first weekend after he came home the weather was beautiful and I was feeling some major stir craziness, so we decided to take the kids out to the park.  



Noel got wrapped up in the Solly wrap - which I l-o-v-e!!  Mama is looking rough, but what can you do.  (yikes).



Before Noel was born Asher and I prepared his 100 day project.  I knew I wouldn't feel up to doing a project the day after giving birth so we got ready a little early.  Asher and I worked together to cut up this 5x7 photo of him to make 100 Pieces of Asher! 


Besides that I did a lot of newborn gazing and snuggling.  While the early days are exhausting with day/night confusion, lots of breastfeeding, and a hormonal rollercoaster they are also so special.


Tiny baby trying out his BIG crib for a rest.  That didn't last long - he slept in the MamaRoo in our room at night.  :-)



Drew was able to take some time off from work to be home and I was so grateful.  He helped keep things normal for the bigger kids - like doing Hadley's hair.  ha!  (we fixed it before she left the house)


Adding a new person to the family is such a big deal.  I'm so proud of the way that the older kids transitioned to welcoming Noel.  He's our last little baby and I tried to enjoy every minute of every stage with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails