Monday, December 22, 2014

visiting santa

We don't talk about Santa very much in our house since we want to make sure that the kids grow up with a firm understanding of the true reason for Christmas, but Asher has shown a lot of interest in him this year - presumably because of his exposure at school and from watching "Elf," of course.  Drew and I don't have a problem with Santa as long as he stays fairly low key so we decided to take the kiddos to visit the big guy.  Asher was SO excited and couldn't wait to see Santa in real life.


Hadley typically hates characters in costumes, so I was worried that she'd freak out.  I was really surprised when she sat right with him and listened to everything that he and Asher were talking about.  Must have been the combination of Asher trusting him and the fact that he was a person (and not some big animal mascot or whatnot) that made it ok for her.


We took the kids to Bass Pro and it was fantastic!  They let me take my own pictures and their Santa was really sweet with the kids.  Does anyone else get creeped out by the angry looking Santas??  I was so grateful that this guy was jolly (as he should be).


I love how children are so anxious to believe in things.  There's a reason God tells us to come to Him like a little child.  Living this excitement through them is the best.


Love my babies, love Christmas.


And to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails