Saturday, December 13, 2014

happy birthday asher

Asher Thomas, you are FIVE years old!


Daddy and I were just saying the other day how we feel like 5 is a big deal.  Four and under is still a toddler or baby, but 5, oh my, 5 is big boy territory.



You've been acting more and more like the big boy that you are every day.  You go to school 4 mornings a week, have friends, help with the dishes, choose your own clothes, use the iPad, buckle the top buckle in your booster seat, and can write your name and all the ABCs.


It seems like just yesterday you were a tiny guy.








We've had so much fun over these past 5 years and I know that's just going to continue the older you get!





Even though you're getting older and more independent, you still love to feel loved and come to us for hugs and snuggles.  The fact that you get really excited to see us makes my mama heart so happy.  :-)





You love to read stories and seem to remember everything!  When I miss a sentence or even just mix up some words you are quick to correct me.  Hopefully soon you will be reading to me!


Asher you have come leaps and bounds in your eating.  You used to be the PICKIEST eater - and while there are still lots of things that you don't like you are excellent about trying everything I serve.


You're the funniest kid I know and have a great imagination!  I never know what you'll say and I love that you keep me on my toes.  Even your teachers were telling me about the funny things you say at school.



Every day you and Hadley become better friends.  At first you weren't sure what to do with her, but now that she's bigger you play together all the time.  She misses her 'baba' when you're at school and if she isn't with me to pick you up you always ask where she is.  Hadley really looks up to you and feels so special when you give her attention.  When we come to get you at school you always insist that all of your friends come over to see your sister.  You're a great big brother!




At age 5, Asher…

goes to preschool 4 mornings a week with Miss Denise and Miss Pam
knows his ABCs, numbers and is starting to read and do basic math
loves Ninja Turtles, pirates, and Buzz Lightyear
would play iPad until his brain melted away, if we'd let him
is starting to eat us out of house and home
LOVES water.  Seriously drinks cup after cup of water every day.
tries to talk and negotiate his way out of stuff that he doesn't want to do
is too funny!


Daddy, Hadley and I love you so very much Asher.  We are so blessed that God chose us to entrust with you.  You are an amazing boy and we love your heart!


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails