Tuesday, April 22, 2014

easter treats!

After church on Sunday we gave the kids their Easter baskets!



I had so much fun filling these with goodies.  This was Hadley's first Easter basket (last year didn't happen, oops) so she got something extra special - a new dolly!


She loves her.  :-)


Asher got some new Crocs for the summer and some little toys.  Of most interest to him though were the eggs that I filled with jellybeans.  This kid loves him some jellybeans.  ha!


I filled Hadley's eggs with teddy grahams and she didn't mind the switch a bit.



A and H also got some bubbles (and a literal ton of candy - hellllllo grandparents, ha!) from their Grammy and PopPop and, if you can't tell, they were pretty excited.


Hadley was completely obsessed with her basket's " 'nack 'nack " This lady will snack all day long if we'd let her.



I really love that even at his age Asher wasn't expecting a basket of goodies on Easter morning.  We try hard to emphasize the true meaning of Easter with the kiddos, but love having these fun treats as well.  Easter is a celebration - we need fun foods, toys, books, and clothes to go with it!


At the last minute we dyed some Easter eggs!  Asher did the dipping and he was so great - didn't make a mess and enjoyed it.


I love Easter so very much.  The flowers, the candy, the celebration of salvation - what's not to love?  Happy Easter, friends!


2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love that you gave them their baskets after church. I'll have to remember that for next year. That way the focus isn't on the "stuff". that doll is so cute! And I love the snacking pictures of Miss H. She is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind little eggs filled with Teddy Grahams!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails