Tuesday, January 7, 2014

since the new year

Things have moved a little slower here since 2014 started.  We spent a few days getting all the Christmas stuff taken down and stowed away - I bought new boxes and actually organized it in a meaningful way this year (hurray!).  I'm always a little sad to take down the tree but once it's away I love having the open space back.  We have room for things like taking this cutie's pictures again!  Yay!




Asher on the other hand keeps asking me what happened to Christmas.  "Where did our Christmas go, Mommy?"  He's totally Cindy Lou Whoo-ing it which, obviously, makes me the Grinch.  Boo to that.  And also, I feel awful.  But hopefully he moves on quickly.  ha!

(plus I really don't think he's as enthusiastic as I am about having picture taking space again)


Today was supposed to be Asher's first day of winter soccer, but we had a deep freeze (along with the rest of the country, except instead of the -20s that they got, we got +20 and everyone panicked) and our hot water pipes froze - blah.  We had to stay in all day waiting for the plumber and, you guys, I ALMOST LOST MY MIND.  You'd think with all the new toys and the aforementioned open spaces the kids would have plenty to do, but apparently the only thing on their agendas was drive Mommy batty.  God bless those sweet mamas who've had a week of snow days.  I can't even imagine.  ha!  They really did play well and are starting to have fun together, which I love.


This sweet girl still thinks walking is too much work and prefers to crawl everywhere.  I'm trying to encourage her but she won't even attempt standing unsupported.  When I suggest giving it a try she throws me this face - what option do I have but to give her everything she wants immediately?


We are starting 2014 with a bang (on the pipes)!

Happy everything, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails