Thursday, January 2, 2014

a new year

It's it so nice to start fresh?  While I dread taking down the Christmas tree (the twinkling lights in the evening are my favorite) I do look forward to the relative quiet that January provides.  December was off-the-charts crazy this year between Asher's birthday, lots of Gussied Up Baby orders (thanks!), and preparing for Christmas.  I'm excited to have some time to clean house, organize all the closets and purge some things that are weighing us down.

My word for 2014 is, Simplify.


We are so very blessed and with those blessings often comes a lot of stuff that we don't need.  My goal for this year is to appreciate what we have, take advantage of every opportunity, and avoid the temptation to fill every minute.


Here's to making new friends, smiling at strangers, hugging our babies, and enjoying life's little moments.


Cheers, 2014!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2014 to you and yours. I like your thoughts on 2014 - simplify is a great idea. I like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails