Friday, January 23, 2009

favorite thing friday

I live in Cleveland. For those of you who don't know, Cleveland is here:



See that white space above Cleveland, that's Canada.

Do you know what comes from Canada?

Maple syrup, yes. Something else...



Geese, yes. Something else...



Oh yeah. Freezing cold air known as the Alberta Clipper. That's right.



Cleveland is a located on a flat piece of land right next to Lake Erie. Flat sounds nice when you're running, but not when you're talking about a smooth surface for the Alberta Clippers to whip across.

The wind here is awful.

Especially in the winter.

Especially when you have a 10 minute walk to and from work every day.

Especially when the wind chill is -35ºF like it was last Friday.

But, not when you have

I asked for a pair of these for Christmas, thinking that they might take the edge off of the bitter cold I experience every day. Most days by the time I get to work my ears feel like they could snap off and any relief would have been great.

However, these little beauties went above and beyond my expectations.

They are so warm and comfortable. My ears are not only, not cold, they are warm! During the whole walk! When I get in to the lab!

Plus, they sit around the lower, back of your head so there aren't any hair mess-up issues.

With a pair of these I might just survive winter in Cleveland.

Maybe I'll even take a trip to Canada for some maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails