Friday, January 9, 2009

favorite thing friday

For the past 9 years, I have worked in a lab in some capacity or another. I started while at Bucknell, doing research for Dr. Nyquist and have had several lab jobs since then as Drew and I moved around the country.

There are some good reasons why I keep coming back to the lab.

These reasons have earned The Research Lab top honors in this favorite thing Friday.

For instance, there are the lab coats and googles that come with the job.


They might be hot and cumbersome to wear, but at least they look attractive.

Parafilm.


This is a fabulous product that you really have to use to believe. It stretches and seals anything liquid-tight. If they sold it in stores I would definitely have some at home. As it is, I may steal a roll if I ever leave this job. I should have taken one from Pittsburgh, but my moral compass clicked in at the worst time.


Purity Wrap.



This may look like everyday plastic wrap, but the name alone suggests so much more.


The refreshing, spa-like comforts of the eye wash.


Who says you can't relax at work?

The thrill of facing, and overcoming, danger (cancer, radiation, and explosives) everyday.



Now I know what kept Ethan Hunt coming back for more and more.

Cryo-Babies and Tough Spots


As an organization junkie, being able to label even the tiniest of tubes is very satisfying.

The usefulness of tubes and racks for at-home applications.


How else was I going to get the last of the lotion out?

An awesome workspace.




What other job gives you 2 Biohazardous Sharps containers? Really.

My co-workers.




If you too would like a lab job, give me a call. You start with this job:



but it only gets better from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails