Wednesday, May 21, 2014

meeting keaton and grace {mother's day weekend}

So...a month between blog posts.  That's a new low for me.  I'm trying to keep up here but it seems like every time the kids are asleep I head straight for the sewing room so the computer just isn't getting much love these days!  Preserving these memories is important to me, so (once again) I'm going to try harder to keep up a bit!

On Mother's Day weekend we took a big trip north to visit our new niece and nephew.  Did you know we have a brand new one of each?  So exciting!


First stop was to meet baby Keaton!  The trip is about 10 hours in the car and poor Asher, bless his heart, kept saying "oh mommy, we will never find baby Keaton."  haha - he was excited to see his cousin and worried that we all might live in the car forever.  To be honest, I had moments where I was worried about that too.  But we did make it and oh how worth it!


I mean, this sweet face - really.


It was so fun to see my sister as a mommy.  She's been waiting for this little guy a long time!


Hadley wasn't sure who this was at first but before long she knew "baby! baby!".  Our biggest worry was keeping her from poking his eyes out or smothering him with her generous kisses.



We were only able to spend a little over a day with them before we had to head further north to New Jersey to meet our new niece/cousin, Grace!


Luckily Grace is almost 4 months old and a little heartier than 3 week old Keaton, so we weren't as nervous to have her around Hadley.  H was SO excited to see another baby!


Asher meanwhile was an old hat at being the big brother figure and very cool about the whole thing.  ha!



Miracle of all miracles we remember to get a photo of the kids with their grandparents before we left!


I tried (foolishly) to get a picture of Asher and Hadley together and they were NOT in the mood.  Particularly Mr. Four-nager over there.  oh Asher.  ha!


But, naturally, this is the only pic I got of my little monsters on Mother's Day.  Love them!


Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day.  I'm so happy we got to celebrate with 2 brand new mommies this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails