Monday, January 11, 2016

january happenings - weeks one and two

We started 2016 by doing our favorite New Years tradition - watching the Rose Bowl parade!  Asher and Hadley enjoyed watching the parade from the cozy confines of their new sleeping bags.


I found these cute felt envelopes in the Target dollar spot and thought they'd be fun and easy to personalize for Asher's class Valentines.  I picked up a bunch of goodies to stuff inside as well!


It's a little early for V-Day, but just in case baby bear makes an early appearance I want to be ready.  These turned out so cute!  


This was a big week for Miss Hadley.  Since August she has been on a mission to stop sucking her thumb.  To ease the transition we offered her a pacifier and once she was comfortable with "no thumbs" we worked on weaning off the pacifier.  It's been a week since she slept with a paci and to celebrate this HUGE milestone Hadley got her very own pair of fairy wings!




She was so proud and too precious!!


I've been working on some projects for the nursery.  I decided to do the room in navy blue and kelly green and just picked out and ordered fabrics for the baby's quilt.  I'm excited!


I also made a few changing pad covers.  I've never done these before, but they were really easy.



We were gifted a new bouncy seat for baby bear.  Hadley helped me put it together and test it for safety and comfort.  Her baby doll gives it 2 thumbs up.  :-)


I love walking through the halls at school and finding random displays with Asher and Hadley.  Love this kid.


Asher and Hadley both started swim lessons this week.  Asher has been taking them for a couple years, but H is just now old enough to have lessons without me.  As an 8 months pregnant mom, this was beyond necessary.  I was a little worried about her being timid or afraid without me, but I don't know why.  She went right in and joined the class like she owned the place - ha!


So far 2016 is starting off on a great note!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails