Sunday, April 26, 2015

april happenings: week three

After school on Wednesday we needed something fun to do, so an impromptu trip to the jumping place was just the ticket!  They have this giant 2 story climbing structure and Asher was crazy about it.  He must have climbed and gone down the slide 50 times.  I helped Hadley climb a bunch of times too so that was my exercise for the day. :-)


Now just imagine her with a Seventeen magazine instead of a giant coloring book and I think I can see 12 years in the future.


On Friday night Drew and my dad took Asher to a minor league baseball game (go Bulls!) and I got this text from Drew.  Fun times were had by all - especially the guy behind them.  ha!


Hadley was SO sad not to go to the ball game.  I made it up to her by letting her have a solo bath in Grammy's big bathtub.  She thought she was very big, very special stuff.  


Once in a while they melt my heart out of no where :-)


On Friday we went to the park and met some friends for a fun afternoon.  The weather was perfect!  The only problem was that these kids are looking much too old.  Where did these 2 kids come from?!  Not liking this big kid swinging thing for Miss Hadley one bit.



After the park we met Drew for pizza and Hadley insisted on dipping all of her apple slices in marinara sauce.  Really gross, but it made her so happy I couldn't bring myself to stop her.  Crazy kid.  


While we were waiting for our table at the pizzeria Asher suddenly started complaining that his ear really hurt.  He was totally fine at the park so I'm not sure what happened.  By the time dinner was over he was crying and kept saying how much it hurt so the next morning I took him to the pediatrician.  Ear infection!  Poor guy!  This is the first one he's had in a couple years and he was a trooper about it. 


Sunday morning Drew had to make his big move to New Jersey.  Work isn't paying for his travel anymore so we won't see him until we make our move up.  Sad!  It was a rainy miserable day, but the kids needed to get some energy out so we played in the rain and scootered in the garage.  We made the best of it!  


It's going to be hard not seeing Daddy for a few weeks - we'll be keeping busy to pass the time until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails